Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Dreadfully Undisciplined

*sigh*

As is obvious to all, I am dreadfully undisciplined... in many areas of my life, but, as you can see, daily blogging is a particular challenge.

It's been an eventful month (plus) since I last shared my thoughts with the "world" (as the word encompasses those who actually read this!). Holiday madness rather took over.

Thanksgiving was a lovely day spent with our dear friends, the Summers family. Judie and I share the cooking. It was a wonderful spread which left everyone happy and sated.

Christmas was on us in the blink of an eye. I did almost all my shopping in my pajamas in the comfort of my own home. I adore internet shopping! Seriously, I do! Who needs the crowds and frustration? I knew what I needed. I clicked a few times, and voila! The packages arrived on our front porch. Brilliant, I tell you! Just brilliant! Especially for a non-shopper like me.

Throughout it all, I've been dealing with some health issues which I was attributing to menopause. A sonogram showed that it might be other concerns, and I had a biopsy done yesterday. I honestly feel optimistic about all this and that the outcome WILL be that it's menopausal and can be rectified with medication rather than surgery, but come what may, I'll be fine. I believe this with unshakeable faith. In the meantime, I persevere, keep my feet up as instructed, and try to maintain low levels of stress. (Great this week, since I'm on break! Next week -- it will be a challenge.)

Other than the joy of holidays with my family, the highlight of the last month was landing the plum role of Fraulein Schneider in the musical Cabaret. It's a wonderful lead role that offers the opportunity for comedy and dramatic acting, some terrific songs, and an ill-fated love story. The fellow who was cast opposite me is someone I adore working with. We have a nice chemistry that has already come across in rehearsals. My fondest hope is that the health issues do not result in my having to give up the show, but I don't think that will happen. I just want to assure everyone that I'm wise enough not to put my health at risk, nor would I want to jeopardize the show by clinging when I should let go. That said... the show WILL go on, and I will be in it!

I will try to be better about blogging more regularly or sharing some writing exercises here. Since I don't have time to create visual art, I am dedicating myself more fully to writing in 2009. Let's see how that goes, shall we? Because we all know that...

I'm dreadfully undisciplined.

Happy New Year!

Jeanne

No comments: