Tuesday, November 23, 2010

My On-Going Commitment to Honesty

I've been cast in the show A...My Name Will Always Be Alice. This is a show I've championed for two years now, so I was very excited when it was selected as part of the community theatre group's current season. Tonight was the second rehearsal and final song/dialog assignments were announced.


In the interest of the honesty I discussed in my last post, I will admit to being disappointed in my own assignments. No dialog of substance. None of the truly meaty songs for which I am vocally experienced and suited. Yes, I am disappointed.


I've spent the last few hours pondering this, and it's really not an ego issue. I really do know my abilities and my limitations, and where I can shine when provided the opportunity. What perplexes me most is that I don't understand the director's choices -- as they pertain to me and others.


That said, the bottom line is that I don't have to understand the director's choices. I just need to take what I've been given and do the best I can with it. 


Just watch me...

No comments: