Thursday, November 25, 2010

On Your Mark... Get Set... GO!

I may not be in the mood to write tonight, but a commitment is a commitment!

Thanksgiving is coming to a close. The food was terrific! Truly the best turkey I've ever turned out, and the pumpkin whoopee pies are incredible! (I remain frustrated that nobody here in Danville ever seems to have heard of whoopie pies of any type, so I've had to do a lot of explaining.)

I was still steeped in memories of Thanksgivings past, and it was hard to stay in the moment today. I kept going to other places, other times. The infamous Simpson clan Thanksgivings. Thinking about my brothers and their families. The nieces and nephews I don't really know at all, and that makes me sad. And being so far away from Mom, and not knowing when I'll see her next.

I'm left feeling at loose ends and as if the day is somehow incomplete.

But I am about to hit those online Black Friday sales, and tomorrow morning I'm meeting a friend for coffee. A new day! Preparations for Christmas will begin, and somehow, some way, I hope to make this a good one for the people I love.

Not a lot of writing, but I've done my time.

And now I'm going to SHOP!

Woo hoo!!!

No comments: